A Little Shaker Self-love!
At The Shake UP, we are all about our Members and The Shake UP Community.
We love you guys!
We want you to get the most out of your training, and an important part of that is looking after your body.
We ask a lot of our Shakers, and you don’t disappoint. You put your bodies through their paces 3, 4, and sometimes 5 times a week!
When you train like an athlete, you need to treat your body the way an athlete’s body deserves to be treated.
A little bit of self-love…
We are continually striving to connect with other health professionals who we believe are “The Best in the Business!”
As a Massage Therapist to our Aussie Olympians, Thea Dillon definitely fits that bill.
We are stoked to welcome Thea into The Shake Up Community, and are privileged to be connected with a Massage Therapist with such an impressive background. We are excited for our Shake UP Community to experience the benefits of her expertise!
Have a little read of what Thea has to say…
Remedial & Sports Massage .. what’s all the fuss about?
So your trainer has suggested that you go get a Remedial or Sports Massage .. Sounds great but is it worth it? Aside from helping your mind and body chill out and relax, if you’re like most people you won’t realize what an enormous difference great quality massage can make to your health, performance and general function. Massage could be the difference between keeping you training, loving life and kicking goals, or falling off The Shake Up wagon and not making the most of this opportunity called living!
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
So how do you know that you’re going to get value for money, that the therapist that you see will really deliver, and can you spot the difference between the good, the bad (and perhaps the ugly!) therapists out there in massage land!
So firstly, ask yourself whether any of these situations apply to you ….
Are you keen to improve your training results?
How about gaining improved mobility, balance, better sleep, reduced stiffness, and faster recovery from training?
Are you interested in accelerating how quickly & efficiently your body detoxifies, and churns through unwanted body fat?
Lastly, what about avoiding niggling injuries, aches and pains that frustrate and debilitate you?
If you answered “yes” to any of these then we can help. At No More Niggles, we specialize in providing exceptional Remedial & Sports Massage services, and can absolutely help you with your health, exercise and performance goals.
How does Remedial Massage help?
There are a number of ways in which quality Remedial Massage will help improve the function of the body. Some of these include:
- improving nervous system function to help your muscles relax when at rest & contract with greater efficiency when training
- deactivating nasty trigger points that can cause pain and dysfunction like reduced strength & coordination.
- physically breaking down sticky scar tissue and adhesions that have stiffened you up and are impeding your mobility & recovery from training
- improving blood and lymphatic circulation to get more fuel to your working muscles, improve immunity & enhance detoxification .. and much much more
All of this works to reduce pain, stiffness and fatigue, and help you improve strength, balance, coordination, recovery, & work capacity ..Ensuring that you operate and train with greater efficiency and ease. It also helps you relax and sleep better, which in turn further improves your body’s ability to recover & function well.
Just like getting your car serviced regularly to keep it running well, remedial massage does the same for your body. It’s best used as a maintenance strategy to keep your body in good shape & to pick up on potential issues before they become big problems.
When is My next ‘Service’ due?
You many be wondering how often should I get a massage? Unlike a car, the answer is well before the 10,000km mark!! Seriously, frequency of treatment is totally dependent on you, your current health profile, nutrition, stress levels, what your daily activities involve and how your body responds to treatment. Your therapist should give advice on this during each consult.
Isn’t it just for elite athletes?
It is true that many elite athletes use our services to help with their performance & accelerate recovery from training, competition and injury. Having said this, when it comes to remedial & sports massage, the same principles & benefits apply to everybody, especially if you’re active and want to maintain your body in the best shape possible. In every case, we adjust the treatment intervention to tailor specifically for the client and their goals, whether we’re dealing with elite athletes, or everyday active people.
Why Choose Us .. What sets us apart?
To be honest, it’s not so much about us, the athletes that we treat, or how highly qualified and experienced we are .. it’s more about what we can do for you.
The 5 major things that we can do for you that will really help you, and sets us apart from other massage therapists are:
- We will assess your posture & movement to understand where your weaknesses lie, so that we understand more specifically what areas to target to get you moving better and feeling great… fast!!
- We will deliver an exceptional standard of hands-on treatment every time you come to us.
- We will educate and advise you on what needs changing to improve how your body is functioning. If you have ingrained movement patterns or postural habits that are driving symptoms like pain and tightness, we will make you aware of them and help you with making adjustments.
- We will give you some simple take-home exercises to accelerate how quickly you get on top of any symptoms like pain or tightness.
- We will communicate regularly with your Trainer (and physio, osteo etc if needed) to ensure that there is a planned, team approach to keeping you training and kicking your health and performance goals.
Now that you have a better understanding of what an effective health & performance strategy quality remedial and sports massage is, we hope to see you sometime soon at No More Niggles!
Special Offer for Shake UP Members only!!
To help get you started, Hollie & Thea at No More Niggles are offering all members of The Shake Up a $10 discount on their first visit consultation. This offer is available throughout the months of May and June 2017.
Hollie is also offering BUY 1, GET 50% OFF YOUR SECOND MASSAGE!! For 2 weeks only, so get in quickly!
For more information on prices & what we can offer you, please check us out online at www.nomoreniggles.com.au.
The easiest way to book is online, though if you have questions, queries or can’t make the online bookings work for you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0411 744 878.
Find us at: Shop 59/1 Arbour Avenue, Robina.
Yours in great niggle-free health,
AUS Olympic Team Therapist 2016
Sports Massage Advisor 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games Organising Committee.
Owner & Principal Therapist at No More Niggles